Get your kids cooking for Curry for Change with this child friendly recipe. Read more about how to get the whole family involved here.
Makes: enough for 4-6 people
Takes: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 2 cans plum tomatoes, chopped using scissors
- Boiling water (1 can’s worth, swished out)
- 1 beef bouillon jelly or stock cube
- 500g potatoes, cubed fairly small
- Mugful of peas
- Microwave brown rice
- Natural yoghurt
- Dried chilli flakes
- Heat oil in a pan and soften onion, garlic, carrot and courgette for 10 minutes.
- Add beef mince and curry powder. Brown off.
- Add tomatoes, chop up using scissors. Add water too and stock jelly or cube. Bring to boil. Add potatoes. Mix and simmer until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add peas last thing, cook through and season to taste.
- Pop on yoghurt and chilli for those who want it.
This recipe was kindly donated by Rachel Brady. Get more of Rachel's recipes on her website, or see what she's been up to on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.