Check out our collection of recipes from top chefs for inspiration!
For the Green curry paste
·150 grams green chillies (medium heat )
·2-3 clove garlic
·3 small shallots ( finely sliced)
·1 piece of galangal - about a thumb-sized piece ( finely slice)or 2 tbsp jar galangal
·5 coriander roots ( finely sliced)
·1 kaffir lime peel ( if you can't find this can use lime skin)
·2 stalks lemongrass ( finely sliced)
·1 handful Thai sweet basil
·1 tbsp. white peppercorns
·1 tsp. coriander seeds
·1 tsp. cumin seeds
·1 tsp. salt
·1 tbsp. miso paste
For the Curry
·Half of big aubergine (chopped)
·2 cups of water
·Green curry paste
·1 tin of coconut cream
·6 - 10 small Thai eggplant
·1 tin of bamboo shoots
·1 carrot (Chopped in chunks)
·a handful of baby corn
·2 handfuls of Thai sweet basil
·2 red chillies (sl ices)
·2-3 kaffir lime leaves
·2 tbsp soy sauce
·Half of the block tofu (Optional )
·1-2 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
· ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
1. To make Thai green curry paste, toast the coriander seed, cumin seeds, garlic, lemongrass and white peppercorns on a low heat pan for 30 seconds or a minute to bring out the aroma until they smell fragrant.
2. Pound all the green curry paste ingredients in a stone mortar and pestle, apart from the miso paste. Or you can use a food processor if you prefer. Once it’s all nearly combined add the miso paste and continue pounding or blending more in the food processor. The curry paste should look smooth and well pureed. Set your green curry paste aside.
3. In a saucepan, add 2-3 tbsp. of the top layer of coconut milk from the tin, then add green curry paste, stir well and leave it for a couple of minutes until aromatic.
4. Add your vegetables start from carrot first as it takes longer to cook, stir well, then some eggplants, some bamboo shoots and baby corn then season it with soy sauce, salt and palm sugar. Simmer until cooked through.
5. Add some tofu (if using), some kaffir lime leaves broken in half (this is for a citrusy fragrance.
6. Add the rest of the coconut milk then add some red chilli and basil leaves. Turn off the heat.
7. Serve with jasmine rice, rice noodles or pasta.
You can follow Yui on: