5-6 chicken thighs/4 breasts
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 green pepper, cut into chunks
2 red onions, cut into chunks
For the marinade
1 tsp salt
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp ginger, grated
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 fresh chilli, finely chopped (2 for more heat)
1 tsp of garam masala, heaped
1 tsp of dried fenugreek leaf (kasoori methi)
½ tsp of coriander seeds, crushed
4 cardamoms, crushed
250g Greek yoghurt (ideally hung yoghurt)
Juice from 1 lemon
Mustard oil (for brushing)
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
6 skewers - metal or wooden
- Wash and dry the chicken thoroughly then cut into large chunks.
- Mix all the marinade spices in a dish and add the yoghurt, stir together.
- Place the chicken and chopped vegetables in the marinade and using your hands rub the yoghurt all over them.
- Refrigerate and leave to marinade for at least one hour.
- Heat the oven to 200oC. If using wooden skewers soak them in cold water for about 20 minutes.
- Skewer the meat and vegetables. Place the chicken skewers onto a baking tray and brush with oil and place on the middle shelf in the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and brush or drizzle with oil. Return to the top shelf of the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and a good squeeze of lemon juice to serve.
Get loads more fantastic BBQ recipes by Hari Ghotra on her website or find out what she's up to on Twitter.