400 Gm boiled potatoes, peeled and grated
1 ½ tsp toasted cumin seeds, crushed
½ tsp red chilli flakes
1 tbsp chopped ginger
½ tsp chopped green chillies
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Mix all the spices with grated potatoes and mix it well. Shape the mixture into 2” diameter cakes with ½” thickness. Pat them well and rest in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan or any flat pan and pour oil and pan-fry potato cakes on both sides giving a nice crisp brown surface. Pan shouldn’t be too hot or smoking hot. The beat results are achieved on medium heat.
- Serve with tomato chutney.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in pan, sauté 1 tsp chopped ginger, 3 tbsp chopped onions until translucent.
- Add 250 gm chopped tomatoes, ½ tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp salt and 2 ½ tsp sugar. Cook the mixture till tomatoes are melted to form a sauce consistency.
- Blend the mixture with a mechanical blender and pass through a fine strainer.
- In a separate pan sauté ½ tsp nigella seeds or cumin seeds in 2 tsp of vegetable oil and add to the sauce and mix well.